Knutsford Town Council is continually monitoring the latest government advice concerning the spread of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and the latest social distancing advice to limit the spread of the virus.
We are closely monitoring government advice day-by-day and will continue to follow guidelines, including postponing and cancelling events where this becomes necessary. We will always prioritise public health and make responsible decisions when planning events to protect the public, our volunteers and staff.
The Town Council have agreed to postpone this year’s music festival which had been scheduled to take place from 12th – 14th June as it is clear it will be impossible for us to hold the festival at that time. A suitable weekend in September has been identified which the festival could potentially be postponed to; these dates are 🎼18th – 20th September🎼. No final decision has been made on this yet, the Town Council’s Events and Town Centre Management committee will meet again on 26th May to review the government advice at that time and aim to make a more final decision. If advice has not changed and it looks that mass gatherings will continue to be prohibited we will be forced to cancel the event, however please know that we are doing everything we can to postpone the event if it is safe for us to do so.
🎟IF YOU HAVE PURCHASED TICKETS:🎟
1. Your tickets will be automatically transferred to the new date if the festival is officially postponed until September. Tickets will be transferred to the corresponding nights (Friday 12th June transferred to Friday 18th September etc.) At present the same musicians are in place, this will be definitively confirmed if the festival is officially postponed. If these new dates suit you, you do not currently have to do anything.
2. If you know that these new dates will not work for you, you can apply for a full refund less the transaction fees by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, including your full name, amount you paid and your bank details so we can arrange for the payment to be refunded to you. No details will be stored and will be used solely for the purpose of refunding your payment to you. Please note that transaction fees are non-refundable. You can opt to ask for your donation to The Christie Charity to be refunded, or leave it in place. We will donate 100% of the donations to The Christie Charity that are not refunded.
3. Look out for further correspondence from us after 26th May where we will hopefully be able to officially confirm whether the event is able to be postponed to September or whether we will unfortunately have to cancel this year’s event.
If the festival is cancelled, all ticket holders will be entitled to a full refund less the transaction fees and will be contacted to arrange refunds.
The council is working hard to ensure that events are postponed where possible, but the Town Council will continue to prioritise public health and will cancel events if it is felt it would be unsafe to hold them, or where government mandates that mass gatherings must be banned.
Thank you for bearing with us while we work to establish the status of this year’s festival.
Any queries should please be directed to email@example.com.